Title: Grains Trader
Location: Dubai, UAE
Reporting to: Head of Operations – Dubai
Wilben is an independent merchant trading and logistic house focused on commodities and capital equipment, sourcing from and supplying to established and emerging markets globally. The role is based in our Dubai office and offers the opportunity to gain a deep insight into international trade and exposure to a wide scope of products and transactional opportunities.
You will be part of a truly international company, whose employees hail from all parts of the world. Our strong focus on diversity goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion and all employees are valued and treated with respect.
- Responsible for sales of coaster and handy-sized vessels into Africa (North/East) and the Mediterranean.
- Responsible for refining/further developing our destination markets and counterparties.
- Monitoring relevant freight and transportation modes, market developments, cost structures and trade rules to ensure competitive pricing and trade compliance.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to build productive, long term business relationships.
- Monitoring the day-to-day developments in the grains market and industry.
- Part of the wider team for developing growth strategies across all commodity trading.
Who we are looking for
Experience and required knowledge:
- Have at least 5-10 years of physical trading experience in the global grains and oilseeds industry
- Strong understanding and commercial knowledge to execute disciplined and sustainable physical business.
- Risk management and hedging using commodity exchanges
- Strong understanding of wheat, corn, barley & soybean meal as commodities and their global footprint.
- Key understanding of major global origination markets; in particular origination markets such as Black Sea and South America and destination markets such as Africa, intra-Africa and the Mediterranean.
- Have an existing customer base, strong entrepreneurial flair and be able to hit the ground running with proactive business development.
- Sound understanding of the import restrictions and/or requirements in the regional markets.
- Must have a commercial knowledge/experience of the bulk shipment supply chain management (regional and global) with risk-based approach.
- Experience in research or analysis.
- Sound knowledge of trade operations and trade finance.
- Expertise on GAFTA and FOSFA etc.
- Strong communication, selling and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English is essential.
- Arabic is plus.
- Proven team player and collaborative.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build long term sustainable relationships.
- Ability to be focused in a fast-paced environment with the enthusiasm to overcome challenges that may arise.
- Ability to thrive in handling a workload that varies in content and scope; you look for and do not avoid responsibility.
- Proactive and solution oriented.