Location: Dubai UAE
Wilben is an independent merchant trading and logistic house focused on commodities, capital equipment and precious metals, sourcing from and supplying to established and emerging markets globally.
As our new Accountant, you will be based in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, UAE, and be part of the Accounting team within the Finance department.
The position comes with great opportunity to learn and execute a wide variety of accounting assignments as well as gain a deep insight into the trading business. Further, we are in the process of designing new processes around our new ERP system. This gives you the chance to be involved in the final stage on user level and quickly develop a unique understanding of our system and processes.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees from 13 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion; all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
To avoid dependence on specific individuals within the Accounting team, we share responsibilities. This means you will be exposed to a variety of assignments and the key tasks are:
- Accounting of Sales and Purchase entries in the system
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare analysis of accounts as and when requested
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings
- Robust knowledge of the mechanics and accounting of receivables including Letters of Credit
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Maintain, track and reconcile intra-group financial flows
- Bank account reconciliation and cash flow statement preparation for management
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Co-ordination with our other subsidiaries in respect of accounting
- Knowledge in Taxation in UAE and across the world
- Knowledge in preparation of VAT Return in UAE
- Good knowledge in Financial Control
- Super-user of Tally/ERP system
Finally, you will be a role model in your position for other employees and will be cooperating closely with your colleagues in the department as well as with stakeholders across the global organization and group functions such as Group Finance Department.
Who we are looking for
You hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent MsC within Finance, Accounting, Auditing or another relevant field.
You possess solid knowledge of accounting including fixed assets, inventory, intercompany transactions and hands-on experience with month-end closing procedures. You have strong analytical and monitoring skills and enjoy both working with numbers and thrive handling a workload that varies in content and scope.
As a person, you possess the drive and discipline which enables you to work independently and keep focused in a sometimes hectic environment. You have a high sense of urgency and the ability to prioritise at the right level. With your systematic approach and eye for details, you keep things structured, yet you are able to adapt to changing environments with ease.
Finally, as you will be cooperating with colleagues from around the world, it is essential that you are fluent in both written and verbal English. Another language is an advantage.
Minimum work experience required to apply to the position: 5 years in a multinational environment, preferably for a trading company, and ERP/HFM environment.
For further information, please
Click Apply button to send CV and cover letter